We currently have a major employment opportunity, as we seek to fill a position of Project Manager with our Rubicon Heritage team based in Scotland. Details on the position and how to apply can be found below:
Based in Edinburgh
Salary £26,000- £32,000 dependent on experience
Rubicon Heritage Services Ltd is the only major archaeological consultancy with offices in both the UK and Ireland. Rubicon has bases in Edinburgh, Cardiff, London and Cork and is an IfA Registered Organisation.
Since we at Rubicon established our UK presence in 2012, we have successfully undertaken a large number of projects throughout the UK and are currently experiencing rapid growth. As a result of this, a unique opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and experienced Archaeological Project Manager to join us at our Edinburgh Office to add to our pre-existing team. This unique opportunity offers rapid career development within this very exciting period of expansion.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage a range of projects and to assist with continued business development. He/She should have demonstrable experience of successfully managing projects from birth to grave and be flexible, driven and innovative, with excellent communication skills. Applications are welcome from ambitious individuals who wish to develop their career rapidly. Support will be provided to the successful applicant in the form of training and mentoring from the experienced management team at Rubicon.
Potential candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of all levels of the excavation and post-excavation process
- Varied archaeological management experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of British archaeology
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation and frameworks
- Understanding of commercial archaeology and client liaison
- Knowledge of Health & Safety considerations pertaining to archaeology
- Communication skills and publication record
- Willingness to contribute to the continued growth and expansion of Rubicon Heritage UK
- Complete flexibility with regard to travel
A full clean driving licence and CSCS card is essential. The position is a permanent role and is subject to a 6 month probation period. Salary range £26,000- £32,000 dependent on experience, with site allowances. Based on a 37.5 hour week with:
- overtime/Time Off in Lieu for additional hours
- a performance bonus subject to company and personal performance, paid in line with annual review cycle
- paid training and professional development opportunities
- provision of laptop and mobile phone
- Cycle to work scheme
All applications should be sent by email only to email@example.com by 23 December, 2014.